Tuesday, February 21, 2012

HI FROM PEORIA ARIZONA


Aloha Family and Friends,

How are you all doing?  Well for me I am doing good here in Arizona sharing the gospel and doing the Lord's work.  Well, I had a great week teaching others the gospel and helping them come closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  Tuesday was a great day I was on exchanges with Elder Vaoga in my area.  We had a great lesson with Bryan on the Word of Wisdom.  He has been struggling with alcohol for a while, so we were prompted to talk about how it can bless him by living the Word of Wisdom.  He committed to giving up alcohol but he will try to stop smoking.  We invited him to church and he said he wanted to check it out.  We told him he would feel the spirit and meet some great members that can help him.  After we visited some members but only one was home. Then we had a lesson with the Romaro's family RC reviewing the Restoration with them.  Then we had a lesson with Ben RC on the Restoration.  They are both doing great, Brother Romaro and Ben got the priesthood and are glad to take upon their responsibilities of their priesthood.  On Wednesday we had a lesson with Jeanna on scripture study and tithing.  We fasted with her on Sunday so she could find a new job and we were so glad to hear she put together a resume and applied for a job because her friend told her about.  We hope she can find a new job soon so she can fully commit herself to being baptized.  On Thursday we had a Stake Correlation Meeting with the Stake Presidency over the Missionary Work in the Stake.  Then we visited some members throughout the day.  In the evening, we had a cottage meeting at the Mission President's home on "I Am a Child of God" and how we can be blessed by praying and reading the scriptures.  We had Coryden attend that and he had a great time.  On Friday, we had my last trainer/trainee meeting on how the training program helped us as missionaries and how we can help the missionaries that are in for 6 weeks.  I am now a trained missionary, but I have so much to learn to help me become the Best Missionary I can be.  With study, experience, focus, hard work I will get there.  Then we had a great district meeting on working in unity with our companions and the Holy Ghost will help us share the gospel.  On Saturday, we had lunch with Coryden he took us to Paradise Bakery, where he works as a supervisor.  Then we had a lesson with Bryan on the Restoration, which went great.  We told him about church again and he said he wanted to come, so we will setup for a member to pick him up and bring him to church.  Sunday we had a great Sabbath Day.  We had 3 investigators come to church Sheldon(10), Bryan, and James.  We were so happy to see Bryan come to church for the first time.  He had a great time.  It was also great to see James come because he did not come since we were in the area, he has been taught since last August.  Yesterday, we had a lesson with Betty on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and set a date for her Baptism on March 24.  Then we had a lesson with Lahna Leo she is eight years old so she does not really need it but we are reviewing the lesson with her for her baptism sometime next month.  Sister Leo was from Oahu and she asked me if I could do Lahna Confirmation and I was so honored when she asked me.  Her dad Brother Leo is going to Baptize her.  I just got news that I am going to be transferred.  Tomorrow is Transfers so I will be going to a new area and getting a new companion.  I was just getting to know the people and area, but I know the Lord needs me in another area.    Please tell everyone to send letters to the mission office until I get a new address.  Well take care everyone.  

Love, Elder Lance Kuhi Cabral 

 PS:) Thank you all for the wonderful letters.  It keeps me strong in doing the Lords work of Sharing the Gospel and helping others return to live with our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and our families for Eternity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment