Monday, May 27, 2013

*MEMORIAL DAY 2013 & WELCOME ELDER BECK & ANTHEM DISTRICT MAY WE ALL STRIVE TO DO OUR "BEST"


Dear Family and Friends,

How are you all doing? How was your Memorial Day weekend?  I am doing great here in Anthem - Sharing the Gospel and helping others Come unto Christ.  The weather is still not so bad yet high 90s & low 100s.  It was a busy week starting with Great transfers with 23 new missionaries, 12 elders and 11 sisters.  My new companion is Elder Beck from Salt Lake City, Utah.  He is a great elder excited to be on his mission serving the Lord.  It was exciting seeing the different transfers and assignments being made, but a bit sad because anyone who got transferred to the Phoenix and Phoenix South Zones will be leaving our mission in July to the Arizona Tempe Mission.  36 great missionaries including many that I know and they will truly be missed.  So I will be in Anthem for the next 11 weeks at least because of the 12 week infield training of new missionaries, which I enjoy training and passing on what I have learned on my mission to a new missionary so he can be successful, plus we have 2 hours of companionship study which is really nice for planning for our investigators, studying preach my gospel, and role playing to receive revelation that will help our investigators.  My 1st District meeting as a District leader was great, we discussed our investigators and how we can help them progress, then I taught on teaching our investigators about the Book of Mormon and how to help investigators know that the Gospel has been restored by reading and praying about the Book of Mormon.  It is truly amazing that the Lord guides me to fulfill my assignment as District leader and trainer.  Being a District leader is a big responsibility but a great assignment to serve, love and help my district members do well.  On Sunday, I had to go to a Stake coordination meeting and discuss how the Stake can help the work.  On Sunday, I have to get our key indicator and report them to the zone leaders.  My District is pretty young except me, Elder Beck is new, then there is Elder Farnsworth who is also new and Elder Ure 5 months, Elder Okelberry 2 months and Elder Lovestedt 6 months.  This is a great District that is excited, obedient, and diligent.  I had a great leadership meeting on Friday from 9-4 with Tracy Watson who is in charge of proselyting in missionary work over the Church.  Exciting things that they are doing to help the work move forward.  They started off announcing that in the future missionaries will have iphones and ipads to use as digital planners, area books, show videos, mormon.org, facebook to keep in contact with investigators and get new investigators, and many more great things that will help the work.  They are doing some trial runs in some missions including a district in our mission with the iphones and ipads that was exciting to hear how it helps them be more effiecient.  We also had great teaching from Brother Donaldson, a former Mission President from the district videos that we watch regularly, he gave some great teaching on repentence and helping us to live our purpose.  It was a spiritual, packed day with great teachings that we as leaders will help our missionaries be succesful.  Not much teaching investigators this week but I hope we can have some this week to help Elder Beck get some teaching experience and find some new investigators that are prepared to receive the gospel.  We do not have anyone really progressing right now so a bit of a struggle.  We have been working with members teaching them and seeking referrals but nothing yet, but they will come as we work hard.  Well that was my great week.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I love and miss you all.  Take Care and have a fantastic week. 

Love,
Elder Lance Kuhi Cabral

No comments:

Post a Comment