Tuesday, August 13, 2013

*FAREWELL ELDER BECK & WELCOME TO ANTHEM NEW MISSIONARIES*


Dear Family and Friends,

How are you guys all doing?  I am doing great here in Anthem doing the Lord's work.  The weather has still been hot but below 110 so it is not so bad just another month or so then it will start cooling down below 100.  This week was a good week teaching.  We finally met with Micah after a long time because he has been so busy during the summer.  We just talked to him about his thoughts on Baptism and he feels he is does not want to do it and does not fully understand why he needs to be Baptized.  Hopefully we can start meeting with him regularly and help him gain a testimony about the restored Gospel and how he can be blessed by living it.  We had a spiritually, wonderfull lesson with Joni this week on the Book of Mormon and we read 3 Nephi 11 with her.  It was so great reading the powerful - visit of Jesus Christ to the People in America and how he established his Church.  She knows that the gospel is true and the spirit was so strong as she said the closing prayer and thanked God for all her blessing that she receives through her trials.  We also met with Lea this week and had a great lesson with her on how the Book of Mormon came about and what the Book of Mormon talks about.  Pictures and analogies works really well with her to understand the Principles of the Gospel.  This week we did alot of finding through members and keep checking on their missionary work and help them to Share the Gospel.  I had a great exchange with Elder Farnsworth in my area, nothing much went on besides visits which lots of people were not at home.  I had a great District Meeting on teaching people, not lessons by Following the Teaching in PREACH MY GOSPEL in Chapter 10 on Asking inspired questions and checking for understanding to teach to their needs.  On Saturday, I got a call from President Taylor to TRAIN A NEW MISSIONARY for the 3rd time.  The Lord is definitely keeping me working hard until the end of my mission by giving me the most important assignment you can give on a mission to be a trainer.  So Elder Beck is getting transfered along with Elder Ure and Okelberry in my District.  Elder Farnsworth, Elder Burgoyne, and myself are all training a new missionary so we will be getting 3 new missionaries to our District tomorrow at transfers.  So that means I will probably be ending my mission here in Anthem and my new companion will be my last companion on my mission.  I am so grateful for the Trust in the Lord and Mission President to be ending the last few months of my mission by training new missionaries and helping them Learn the things that will make them successful missionaries in inviting others to Come unto Christ.  I went to the Trainer Meeting for the 3rd time and President Taylor always talks about the importance of a missionaries 1st companion in setting the foundation for the missionaries success and setting an example in Obedience to the mission rules.  I hope I get a companion that is excited to do the Lords work and keep me going with his fresh energy to share the gospel with our Heavenly Father's children.  Well that was my great week here in the Arizona Phoenix Mission (APM).  I love and miss you all.  Take care and have a great week. 

Love,
Elder Lance Kuhi Cabral

No comments:

Post a Comment