Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It is Transfer Time in PHOENIX - ALOHA Smith Family


Hey Family and Friends,


How are you all doing?  I had a wonderful week in Phoenix sharing the Gospel.  We had a spiritually filled baptism on Saturday for Dylan Donohoo.  He was so happy to be spiritually reborn and make his covenants with God.  His mom Sister Williams was full of tears of Joy as she witnessed her son get baptized.  His dad is a not a member so hopefully he felt the spirit and wants to learn more about the Gospel and how it can bless him and his family.  There were some of the youth at his baptism that was there to fellowship and give the talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost.  There were 10 missionaries from our zone that came with about 8 investigators to Dylan's baptism to help their investigators feel the spirit and want to be baptized.  It was great to do the baptism presentation after Dylan got baptized to help address the concerns for the investigators that attended.  Then on Sunday the Spirit was so strong as I confirmed him a member of the church and he received the Holy Ghost.  Dylan stayed for all 3 hours of church and had a great time getting to know the youth in the ward.  The youth is doing a great job of fellow shipping him so he can adjust to his new part of his life and stay active.  We had a great missionary open house at a members home, there was a great amount of investigators, recent converts, and new move ins that were getting to know each other in the ward.  I just got TRANSFER NEWS THIS MORNING - my companion Elder Bartleson and I are both being TRANSFERRED.  I am so sad because we did not get to say bye to our recent converts, investigators, and members that we got to know and love.  That is the hardest part of getting transferred is leaving the people you love and leaving my home area which has been for the past 4 1/2 months.  But I know the Lord needs me someplace else and their is people that are waiting for me to share the Gospel with them and help them come unto Christ.  We are also bummed that we are going to miss Kelsie Goodwins Baptism this weekend.  We loved teaching her the Gospel and preparing her for her Baptism on June 30.  Well that was my fantastic week in the mission field.  I gotta go and pack all my stuff.  Hope all is well for you all.  Take care my prayers are with you all.  I will talk to you next week in my new area with my new companion.  

Love you all,
Elder Lance Kuhi Cabral

No comments:

Post a Comment