Monday, July 2, 2012

*ROSE LANE WARD HERE WE ARE TO SERVE YOU ALL*


Dear Family and Friends,
 

How’s everyone doing?  I had a great week here on my mission.  The weather is really starting to get hot. On Tuesday, my companion and I went to say bye to our investigators, recent converts, and some members that we were close to.  It was sad to say bye to all the people we got to know and loved.  But we knew our Heavenly Father needs us someplace else to share the Gospel. Then on Wednesday, we went to our transfer meeting to find out where we were going and meet our new companion.  It was great to see the new missionaries entering the mission field and hear them bear their testimony on how excited they are to serve the Lord.  Then it was the moment everyone at the transfer meeting were waiting for President Taylor to announce our new areas and companions.  I got transferred to Glendale in the Rose Lane Ward and my new companion is Elder Vaoga.  He is from Samoa and I knew him since I first came out on my mission.  We were in the same district back in Peoria North. After transfers we got straight to work by teaching lessons with a lady Awell and we taught her the Restoration of the Gospel. She really felt the Spirit after we told her about the First Vision and we bore our testimony that the Gospel was restored through Joseph Smith. We set a date with her for July 28.  Then we had another lesson with Rychelle on what Christ did when he came to earth.  She is set to be baptized on July 21. We met with a new investigator on Friday, Jonathan he is 9 years old and he is the last of his siblings that are not baptized. He lived in Mexico for the past 2 years and the church out there was so far for his family to attend.  He is a great kid that has a lot of knowledge about the Gospel so we are pretty much reviewing with him the lessons and teaching him things he does not know so he prepare himself for his baptism on July 14.  On Saturday, we had a spiritual baptism for LJ Crawford, he is 10 years old.  He had some family that came to his baptism that were non- members and his grandma said they might be interested in learning more about the Gospel. Sunday was a great Sabbath day going to my new ward and meeting the members.  This ward is kind of small with only about 100 people that attend church. I will do my best to build up this ward and bring God’s children closer to him. Well that was my great week in the mission field. Hope all is well with everyone. My prayers are with you all.


Love Always,
Elder Lance Kuhi Cabral

No comments:

Post a Comment