Monday, November 19, 2012

*HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL FROM BUCKEYE, ARIZONA*

Dear Family and Friends,

How are you all doing?  Well as for me I am doing great here in Buckeye - Sharing the Gospel and helping others Come unto Christ.  The weather was perfect this past week in the 70's during the day which felt wonderful.  Well, I had a good week in the mission field.  My companion Elder Romrell has been sick and has been having a hard time sleeping since last Monday, so we have been mostly inside the whole week.  It has been pretty tough for me to be inside because I love to get out and do missionary work, finding and teaching our Heavenly Father's children the Gospel and how it can bless their lives.  So I have been doing a lot of studying which I love doing to help me gain more knowledge about the Gospel; but after so many hours of studying during the day it gets tiring and I start going crazy because there is nothing much I can do besides watch some church movies and videos.  I have been using some of the time to go through our area book and getting to know the area map and where people live since I will probably be taking over the area when my companion leaves in 3 weeks.  Well, I did have a great time at our mission tour on Wednesday where Elder Koeliker, a General Authority of the 70's came and talked to us.  It was a spiritually packed meeting hearing from him and his wife, with Elder Picroll, President and Sister Taylor, and having a testimony meeting to end our mission tour.  It was so great to hear from Elder Koeliker that we as missionaries have been set apart and are just like the Quorum of the Twelve and 70's to be witnesses of Christ and have the Authority to bear witness of him and preach his Gospel. That really struck me hard that our Heavenly Father would trust us with that calling.  We also are having a Christmas campaign where members can direct their friends and family to check out mormon.org/christmas and also invite us over to share a Christmas message about the Birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I also went on mini exchange with my district leader Elder Barlow to a few lessons we had.  We taught Ginny Torez about the Word of Wisdom and taught the Noble family about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It was really great to get out and teach them.  Well that was my week.  Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving with their families.  Thank you so much for all your wonderful letters and birthday wishes.  I will truly cherish this Thanksgiving with some great food and being with members of our Ward.  I would just like to say that I am Thankful for you all and everything you do or did in my life to shape the person I am today.  I thank my Heavenly Father for this opportunity to be a missionary and share this wonderful Gospel so Families can be Together for Eternities.  I love and miss you all. 

Love,
Elder Lance Cabral

No comments:

Post a Comment