Monday, November 5, 2012

*BUCKEYE IS THE PLACE TO BE DURING THE HOLIDAYS*



Dear Family and Friends,

How are you all doing? Well, I am doing great here in my mission - Sharing the Gospel and helping our Heavenly Father's children receive the Gospel in their lives.  Last Wednesday, I got transferred to Buckeye and got a new Companion Elder Romrell.  I was sad to be leaving Glendale because we had some great work going on there; but I helped prepare people to Come unto Christ so I know I accomplished what I was sent there to do.  I was really shocked to be sent out to Buckeye because it is different being in the country.  Our area is pretty big because there are lots of farming fields like cotton, corn, and dairy farms.  It is totally different from the city where there is nothing but houses and buildings.  There are quite a bit of subdivisions, neighborhood's scattered throughout our area that we work in and Share the Gospel.  We cover two wards - Buckeye 1st ward and Sundance ward.  I have met great members yesterday at church.  Elder Romrell is a great companion that is energetic and funny that likes to have fun and do missionary work.  He finishes his mission in 5 weeks so I will be his last companion.  So I am learning from a skilled missionary and I will keep him working hard until the end of his mission.  We have a few investigators that came to church but no one committed with a Baptism date yet.  We are trying to find new investigators by visiting members, having a prayer with them, and then asking if they know anyone that would be interested in learning.  Finding through members are the most effective way to get solid investigators that the Lord is preparing to receive the Gospel.  We go tracting sometimes but it is not very effective because lots of people are not interested or they are not home especially in these areas because people work or go to school during the day.  I live with a very nice family the Maxwell that have 2 twin boys at home, one on a mission in Paris, and 3 on their own or in college.  On Saturday, we had a cultural fair at our Stake Center that was really fun.  There were stations around the cultural hall that represented different countries talked about their cultural and had some sample foods to try.  Guess what the Hawaiian booth had Spam and Rice as their food.  It was great and a lot of fun for those that attended with great presentations including the Hula.  We had our own missionary booth that talked about the Gospel and had pamphlets and Book of Mormons.  Well that was my week in the mission field.  Hope everyone is doing great.  I love and miss you all so much.  My prayers are always with you.  Until next week.  Take care and have a Great week!

Love,
Elder Lance Kuhi Cabral

No comments:

Post a Comment