Monday, January 28, 2013

*WELCOME, WELCOME ELDER WILSON TO ARIZONA (APM)*

 
Aloha Family and Friends,

How are you all doing?  Well, I am doing great as usual here in Buckeye sharing the Gospel and helping others Come unto Christ.  The weather here in Buckeye has been great, a few days it was raining hard but it cleared up today.  On Wednesday, we had transfers which I got my new companion Elder Wilson.  First we had a trainer meeting that we went to receive our new trainees.  The trainers were on one side of the room and the trainees was on the other side.  President Taylor then announced who would be our companions.  I was anxious when we got down to the last 2 trainees and President Taylor announced that I would be training Elder Wilson.  Then we joined the rest of the missionaries being transferred in the Chapel.  We introduced our trainee then our trainee which mine is Elder Wilson bore his testimony about how excited he is to join the Arizona Phoenix Mission (APM).  Then President Taylor announced transfers and he changed one of my areas that I would be covering.  I now cover Palo Verde and Estrella Hills Ward.  So I had to move to a different home in the Palo Verde Ward which is a huge area that covers the southwestern part of our mission.  There is a pretty big suburb area called Tartesso besides that people live in the middle of the desert, sometimes we have to travel miles before we see another house.  We have a truck that I drive because there is lots of dirt roads we go on to get to people.  It is a bit of a challenge with me and my companion not knowing the area but with time we will get to know the area, investigators, and members.  The work is going great we have some great teaching appointments this week to help Elder Wilson with some Teaching Experience.  We had great lessons with Michael about the Restoration, Plan of Salvation , and Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It was so great teaching him and feeling the spirit testifying to him that the Gospel is true.  He is moving back to Ohio but we hope he continues to learn about the Gospel because he has a great desire to follow Christ.  Elder Wilson did his first baptism invitation with Michael, he does not feel ready so we committed him to continue to read the Book of Mormon and pray if he should be baptized.  I know he will receive an answer through the Holy Ghost that he should be baptized and it will bless his life.  On Saturday, we tracted into a family who let us in to have a prayer with them and taught them a little bit about the Gospel and how Families can be Together Forever.  We got a return appointment to teach them about the Restoration of the Gospel and how the Gospel can bless them for Eternity.  We also visited some of the investigators and members in the Palo Verde Ward to get to know them and set up appointments to continue to teach them.  We had a good turnout of investigators that came to church on Sunday.  Training is going great, it is not as hard as I thought it would be.  We have 2 hours of companionship study to do the 12 week infield training for new missionaries.  It is great to teach him what I have learned through my experience that will help him be a successful missionary.  It helps me realize how much I have grown on my mission and how much stronger my knowledge and testimony of the Gospel since I came out.  He is a great missionary that is excited to do the Lord's work.  I have to lead by example because as a new missionary they follow what you do.  He is a bit quiet in teaching appointments.  I mostly teaching the lessons but with practice role playing and experience he will open up.  It feels weird being the senior companion because I was in his shoes when I came out quiet and afraid to speak but now I have confidence that as I study the Gospel that the Spirit will be there to guide you to what you should say and do.  Well that was my great week in the mission field sharing the Gospel.  I love and miss you all.  You are all in my prayers.  Take care until next week. 

Love,
Elder Lance Kuhi Cabral

No comments:

Post a Comment