Monday, April 15, 2013

*WELCOME ELDER BRYANT, ANTHEM CITY HERE WE ARE, & IT IS BIKE TIME AGAIN*

Dear Family and Friends,

How are you guys doing?  I am doing great here in Arizona - Sharing the Gospel and doing the Lord's work.  Well, I got transferred to Anthem on Wednesday and my new companion is Elder Bryant from Apple Valley, California.  He has been out for 3 months and is excited to be on his mission.  He is 18 - so President Monson's announcement effected him.  We cover the Gavilin Peak Ward - here in Anthem.  I live in a nice Apartment complex right off the I-17 Highway called Bella Rosa Apartments.  Anthem is a nice area that is 30 minutes - North of Phoenix that was built in 2001 so it is a pretty new community.  It is a pretty big city of its own with lots of residential and commercial buildings.  My area is pretty small so I am back to being on bike which I love street contacting people and getting exercise.  I do miss the quickness of a car and will miss the AC in a month.  The weather up here is still really nice in the 80's.  I had a great week starting with transfers, seeing 20 new missionaries coming into our mission and hear their testimonies of their excitement to be on their missions.  We had a wonderful Baptism on Saturday for Lynn with her strong spirit as she was baptized by her friend that introduced her to the church.  Great support from the ward and a few investigators from other missionaries.  I had a great Sabbath day meeting with the members and investigators.  Elder Bryant got to do his 1st confirmation which was also a strong spirit to see her as she became a member of the church and receive the Holy Ghost.  We had a great ward activity at a really nice park getting to know ward members and doing some fun activities such as water balloons and 3 legged race.  That was my great week sharing the Gospel.  I love and miss you all.  You are all in my prayers.  I know that this Gospel is true and it has been restored to bless our lives so we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. 

Love,
Elder Lance Kuhi Cabral

No comments:

Post a Comment