Monday, December 31, 2012

*GOOD BYE 2012 & HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013 from ARIZONA*


Aloha Family and Friends,

How are you all doing?  Well as for me, I am doing pretty good here in Buckeye - Sharing the Gospel.  I was sick the past week with a cold so that was not fun.  Wednesday night, I started to get a bad cough and Thursday & Friday I was really sick so we stayed inside and I got some rest.  Saturday, I started to feel better so I pushed myself to go out and do missionary work because It was killing me to stay inside when there is people out there searching for the Gospel.  This week was a pretty hard week for us because Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we did not do missionary work because of the holiday's and with me being sick for for 2 days.  We still had a productive week of Sharing the Gospel.  We had a good lesson on the Plan of Salvation with Mike and his Family.  We did not get to meet with Allie and Maria this week because they were busy with the holiday's.  We are planing to re-commit Allie to be baptized on January 12.  She is so ready to get baptized and enter into that covenant with God and receive the Holy Ghost to help her.  We hope she can tell her mom about her desire to be baptized and that she is supportive.  We also hope to meet with Maria and continue to help her be baptized.  Our big focus is finding investigators because we are a little low on investigators right now with 3 wards, but we know that as we continue to have Faith, be Obedient, and work hard that the Lord will bless us and guide us to those that he is preparing to receive the Gospel.  We had a great zone activity this morning, we hiked up a big hill that was pretty steep but the view at the top was wonderful to see Arizona's Sunrise.  We had a great spiritual testimony meeting on the top about the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ and how through his Love and Sacrifice we can return to live with God and our Families Forever.  We have to continue to have an Eternal perspective and endure through the trials in life and thank God for everything he has blessed us with.  Great analogy of the hike was how life is hard sometimes with many obstacles and boulders that we have to climb over but part of our life here on earth is to learn and grow, we go through hard times to make us stronger and with Gods help nothing is to hard that we cannot conquer.   On Saturday, we visited with a referral that we got from church headquarters and had a great discussion with him on his doorstep for about 40 minutes on the Gospel and how he can be blessed.  He went through some challenges in life that made him want to learn more about our religion and give him spiritual guidance.  It was so wonderful testifying to him about the restored Gospel.  We gave him a Bbook of Mormon to read and a Restoration pamphlet.  He is 25 years old so we probably going to hand him to the YSA Elders so he can have better fellowshiping at the Singles Ward, but still great to plant the seed of the Ggospel and help him feel our Heavenly Father's love for him.  Well that was my week here in the mission field.  I am so grateful to our Heavenly Father for giving me this wonderful priviledge this past year to be on my mission and doing the Lord's work and helping all those that I helped have the joy and happiness that comes from living the Gospel.   I am so grateful for all the spiritual experiences and everything I learned on my mission so far.  My testimony of the Gospel has grown so much this past year from my studies, teaching, and testifying of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father's plan to have Eternal Life with him so our Families can be Together Forever.  I look forward to what 2013 has in store for me on my mission here in Arizona as I continue to learn and teach the Gospel to our brothers and sisters.  Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe New Year's.  I hope you all have a New Year's resolution to continue to live the Gospel more fully in your lives and becoming more like our Savior and following his example. Praying and studying the Gospel more and Sharing the Gospel with your family, friends, and anyone that you meet.  I promise as you do you receive & enjoy greater blessing in your lives and feel the spirit more abundently in your lives.  You are always in my prayers.  Till next year take care. 

Love,

Elder Lance Kuhi Cabral  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment